Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
:
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

Onion domain: http://ylcjjrqko7pgobnvzreemm565ea3oj3c7rfqqb4x4twmay6hafv54mid.onion/

File: 1644398348679.jpg (789.75 KB, 1600x900, 16:9, scalebound-gamescom-2015-0….jpg)

No.5622

>In an interview with IGN Japan, Platinum’s president and vice president, Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya, respectively, reflected on Scalebound’s cancellation. Inaba states that Kamiya, the game’s creator, talks about reviving Scalebound “all the time.” This isn’t just wishful thinking; the pair wants to have serious talks with Microsoft about revisiting the project.

>“Both Kamiya and I are serious – we really would love to work on Scalebound again,” says Inaba. “I’d like to discuss it with Microsoft properly.” Kamiya added that Scalebound's development was far along when it got the ax and that it's "pointless" for Microsoft to let the IP languish.

>“I’d like to appeal to Phil Spencer directly! Let’s do it, Phil!” says Kamiya.

Kept you waiting, huh?

No.5625

Would be based if it actually happens, Platinum could make a real comeback with this and Bayo 3. Maybe even MGR2 now that Konami is back but that's wishful thinking

No.5708

>>5625
Looks like they are trying to get acquired by Microsoft

>Inaba responded, “The most important thing for us is to have the freedom to make the games that we want to make. What I hear about the recent acquisitions, I don’t think Microsoft is going to start micromanaging Activision to where they take away all their freedom… I don’t think it’s going to be a relationship like that.

>“I think there’s going to be a lot of mutual respect there and I think Activision will be able to continue doing what they do best. That’s also what’s most important to us at the end of the day, whatever form that takes for us and our company. So I would not turn anything down, as long as our freedom was still respected.”

No.5710

>>5708
Pretty sure that's impossible under Japanese trade laws (Jap companies can't be owned by foreign companies) but I wouldn't be surprised if they got bought out by Sony or maybe Square Enix

No.5711

File: 1644930469956.jpg (161.78 KB, 1024x576, 16:9, zMBsHQQapPgX3BB3tFNkpW.jpg)

>>5710
>Pretty sure that's impossible under Japanese trade laws (Jap companies can't be owned by foreign companies)
That doesn't exist, not sure why people keep saying that. Microsoft already owns Tango Gameworks.

No.5712

>>5711
I decided to look it up, seems like there's restrictions and stuff but it's possible:
>The law requires foreign investors to report to the Japanese government and undergo inspection in case they buy 10% or more of stocks in listed Japanese companies or acquire shares of unlisted firms.
>If the government finds any shortcomings, it can order foreign investors to change or cancel their investment plans.
Not sure why people think that law exists then, maybe it's outdated info or just a misunderstanding of the current rules. Hell even if it did exist a big company like Microsoft would just hire some Jew lawyers and find loopholes

No.5714

>>5712
>Not sure why people think that law exists then
I think it's just something weebs came up with because they are terrified of Japanese studios being bought by Western companies, never even heard of something like that until the Xbox acquisition spree. Especially since most of the companies in Microsoft's price range are weeb favorites like Platinum and Sega.

No.5715

>>5714
yeah /a/ is always talking about how le evil tranny ess jay dubyas are going to take over Japan and ban anime tiddies so you're probably right tbh

No.5732

>He was later asked if PlatinumGames had discussed the possibility about bringing back Scalebound with Xbox.
>"I can’t confirm or deny anything, but we could be talking to Microsoft. But we could also be talking to Nintendo, Sony, Capcom, Konami or anybody!" he responded.
lol they're basically begging for it. Realistically who would even want to buy Platinum when it comes with no IPs anyway? Sega owns Bayonetta, SE owns Nier, Konami owns MGR, Nintendo owns W101 etc.. They'd basically just be paying to employ a bunch of washed up old dudes

No.5734

>>5715
/a/ is the opposite and puts their heads in the sand with regards to any western infiltration of Japan, they're worthless

No.5735

Also fuck Platinum
They cucked to Tencent cash and defended GaaS shortly after said cuckery, no point in bothering with them anymore at this point
any Japanese company that sells out their integrity for a few yuan isn't worth shit

No.5737

>>5734
It's a view I've seen on 4/a/ in the past at least but those fags are always doomposting about something. Not saying it isn't happening (Japs have obviously known for a while that their media has a big Western audience) but people who think they're suddenly going to become ultra feminists and ban kawaii lewd anime grills are retards who don't realize how much money otaku spend on that shit

No.5744

>>5737
the japanese business man can fall for propaganda just like any other businessman
If they can fall for the false china market meme they can fall for SJWism in the face of their audience telling them no; if SJWs control the marketing and HR, they prevent the flow of information from the consumer to the decisionmakers, the marketing team then influences said decisionmakers to move in line with their agenda

No.5746

>>5744
iirc they already tried that shit when some Mexican was hired as a designer for DoA and removed the sexy outfits, when the game didn't sell because of it they fired his ass and added them back in. Also So(n)y tried to do the same to Namco with SoulCalibur and they told them to fuck off or they'd make it an Xbox exclusive

No.5747

>>5622
The game will be great. But it'll probably sell like shit though. Like all Platinum games

No.5755

>>5746
Bruh just because they damage controlled doesn't mean it's not fucked, for example Ryza 2 is censored and DoA6 is still shit in most ways, it's just less homo than it was at launch, doesn't get into all the other shit from that same company regardless

No.5758

File: 1645359703601.png (4.68 MB, 1800x2200, 9:11, dfaf1dad91482691574a327692….png)

>>5744
>>5755
For me it's a boy who cried wolf situation. I've seen so many anons claiming SJWs are infiltrating the Japanese market and it's literally nothing. Look at the meltdowns over Jill/Claire in the REmakes or the handler in Monster Hunter World. Models looked completely fine but it's "ugly" and "westernized" because it's not an anime sameface.

No.5762

File: 1645404828148.jpg (276.79 KB, 3000x1688, 375:211, 1610461278865.jpg)

>>5758
Same shit with the FF7 remake anons claiming that Tifa's tits not being as comically huge as the old chibi models was "censorship". May as well complain about Cloud not having fucking huge forearms

No.5765

>>5762
lol forgot about that one, so dumb

No.5771

>people being this naive
Kek

No.5775

File: 1645443289085.jpg (8.88 KB, 251x237, 251:237, 154066654734.jpg)

>>5771
Elaborate

No.5952

>>5758
Idk.
I really loved REmake2 but I think they butchered REmake3 in every regard. Jill's design was so derivative and boring she looks exactly like the Tomb Raider remakes. But worse than that her writing was just lazy and obnoxious just constant cursing because "badass".

No.5953

>>5952
>I really loved REmake2 but I think they butchered REmake3 in every regard.

The budget ran out when Re3 happened. That's why most parts are either recycled or missing from the game

[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] [Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ 76 / egy / h / kc / librejp / sp / v ] [ ukko ]